Sunday 15 May 2011

Light Night ...

Hello all,
So I have to post about the amazing night festival  in Liverpool that I went to on Friday Night. It was called Light Night and it was jam packed with exhibitions, craft and vintage fairs, open studios, art workshops amongst other events. It was such an incredibly inspiring night, I was so shocked when I came across places in the city that I never even knew existed. The art scene in Liverpool is far bigger and more diverse than I ever thought, the night really made me excited to be developing my creative career here in my home city.
I started off the night at the CUC in Liverpool, which was hosting a large vintage fair. Stall upon stall of vintage clothing (a very fashionable nod towards the midi skirt) and if you anything like me, a jewellery junkies haven!
It was great to see so many independent businesses together for one night, I tried to chat to as many stall holders as possible, grabbing pictures and business cards along the way.
Here are some images from the fair, I forgot my camera AND note pad... two essentials that seemingly slipped my mind. Thankfully my friend had her snazzy camera phone at the ready and saved the day by snapping away at my request. Thanks Katie.



LiverBirds Vintage. Cute clothing and great jewllery.




Lovely hand made soaps by Ayntre Soaps. Me and my friend Katie were impressed /baffled by the felted soaps. Merino Wool felted around lavender soap ... built in exfoliator. I say genius!



Memory Box. This stalls was a jewellery junkies dreams (my dream) so much to choose from!


Kitty Kavanagh Jewellery. Some of the pretties and quirkiest pendants I've seen! Lovely stall. Easy to shop, irresistible.




Can't find the name of this stall which is such a shame. Really pretty accessories. perfect for wedding favors. I will try my hardest to find the name out.

So after the marvels of the vintage fair I headed up to Bluecoats, which was a buzz of excitement, the best atmosphere of all venues I believe. With a silver fox djing to help the mood along I headed into the galleries to check out the photography exhibitions. As the Liverpool International photography festival is underway (13th May - 26th June) there was a brilliantly diverse collection of work in the galleries, from Juergen Chill, Edmund Clark and my favourite of the night Dornith Doherty (amongst many others).

Dornith Doherty's work was based on botanical influences, observing how seeds respond to the process of collection and containment. My favourite pieces from her collection being the seed xrays. At first glance they almost look like detailed chalk drawings, though once you get close to the huge (i mean huge)  framed piece of work you can see so much detail from the xrays, it was fascinating and so different to everything else.

I then headed off to a few more places before calling it home time. I have to say it really was a brilliant night for Liverpool, I just wish it had spread across a few days as there was just so much to do. But at least the photography festival gives me enough time to potter about and make my way around everything.

Inspiring Liverpool!

Enjoy

x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...