Monday 28 February 2011

partie deux...

As previously mentioned today I must finish off my Oscar post.

I have to say I was quite surprised with the softer hues and simple silhouettes worn this year, in my opinion it's a welcomed change from the over the top, prom queen circa 1985 look that seems to filter through many a red carpet occasion.

Here are the final remaining few of my favourite looks. All so different but brilliant in their own right, but like I said in my first post, Cate Blanchett takes the best dressed Oscar in my book.

Here is Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott. Love the shape and colour, the tarnished purple and jewel blue sequins make the dress look effortlessly glamorous.



Another beautifully detailed dresse, Florence Welch wearing Valentino Haute Couture. Love the fabric, the pleats and frills and of course the colour. I think this has a very romantic feel to it, which when worn by Florence is given a alternative edge. Love it!



Then to the opposite end of the spectrum with Jennifer Lawrence in Calvin Klein, ulta simple, almost sporty. Yet with hardly any jewellery and strikingly low key hair and make up it still, in my opinion is one of the best looks of the night. Refreshing.


So there we have it. My favourite looks of the night.

Hope you enjoyed these pieces of eye candy as much as me!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...