Sunday 8 May 2011

ever eclectic ...

Hello all.
I've been flipping through some old interior magazines tonight, looking over old interior styling images that I've ripped out and collected over the years always inspires me to compare them with what is out there today. A trend that I believe will never go out of fashion in interior decoration and styling is the "eclectic" theme. To me this is a theme that is all about personal touches and quirkiness, dependent solely on the individual. Yes it's able to be created by mixing and matching clashing prints, colours and textures but I find the most interesting and authentic interior spaces to be the ones which have personal touches, objects which have been collected through a persons life, passed down by family or friends or hand made.

Colour plays a big part in this theme, something which has inspired my post tonight. I've pulled out some of my favourite eclectic and colourful spaces, all brilliantly individual and endearing in their own way. Take a look













Enjoy

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...