Wednesday 17 February 2010

colour me happy...


So, much like every other day this past fortnight, I have spent my day carrying on with my sketchbook work, trying to finalise some ideas in my project ready for weaving. Although today has not been a truly work filled day, I have collected copius amounts (as usual) of beautiful images to keep me going through the days when I feel a bit flat or low on inspiration. And it is on these days that I simply look at the work of fashion designer Erdem. I hadn't been aware of his designs until last summer when I came across a feature of his work in ELLE magazine, as described by many, he really is a master of colour. I am the ultimate fan of watercolours, and as this is an effect he tries to encapsulate in his beautiful printed silk fabrics, I was hooked almost instantly. The balancing and combination of colour found in his work is a craft in itself, his work really does inspire me to be a little more daring with colour washes and mixing...
Unfortunately these dresses can only take up space on my wish list, not my wardrobe... for now, I will settle with them being my desktop background. Whether this is torture or inspirational I'm yet to find out.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...