Wednesday 27 July 2011

shades of grey and rays of yellow ...




Hello all,

Today I've decided to post about one of my favourite colour combo's of all time. As you may have noticed (I'd be surprised if you hadn't) I am in love, if not addicted to yellow. Whether in interiors, on a fashion print, in a bouquet or even in a summer cocktail I just can't get enough of this colour, especially when paired with gorgeous shades of grey.

To me, grey is one of those clever colours that manages to make anything and everything look effortlessly cool and chic with minimum effort, one of the many reasons why I think it's such a wonderful colour choice. But it's when you add a splash of yellow that it really gets exciting,  it provides an instant visual of freshness with a beautifully contemporary yet fun edge.

And it seems I am not alone with this colour combo appreciation, popping up all over design and styling blogs, it's becoming more and more popular, interestingly especially for wedding colour themes. I have to say, I think it would be my preferred colour theme, it's clean, fresh, fun and can seemingly never look bad or dated.

So below I have put together a collection of my favourite yellow and grey images which I've sourced from all over the wonderful world of blogs.













Perfection is it not?

Enjoy

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...