Thursday 8 April 2010

placement perfection....

Another day, another task. I know that I should be painting and finishing up some final designs in my sketchbook but whilst doing research for lovely images for my blog I do find myself getting carried away. One great site leads to another, then another, until 2 hours later and I have an ambundance of lovely images to choose from but no new work infront of me.
I'm going to start timing myself I think, getting my research down to an hour or less.... very hopeful but I'm sure it can be done. And besides once I have some new jacquard lengths woven off in about a weeks time, I can blog about them which will take less time to do I imagine.
But today, I have been looking at my favourite interior stylists for inspiration, I really want a great collection of photographs taken of my final project, so looking over some stylists portfolios for inspiration on layout and lighting really helps a lot.
I thought I would share some images of two of my favourite stylists here.

These images are from the wonderful Rebecca Thuss, her work is so colourful and often centres around the use of flowers in her set ups. They always manage to look so considered and thought out whilst still maintaining a fun and naturally placed quality to the photographs.

Another favourite, Atlanta Bartlett. Her website is fantastic, showcasing such a high volume of imagery in her portfolio. My favourite shots are from the pale and interesting section, I think it takes real talent to make a room look atmospheric and interesting with hardly any use of colour. Even when only using a few objects, the shot still manages to create interest, often through the use of varied textures and surface finish.

Some of my other favourite stylists are listed below, I have resisted the temptation to put an image with each name, I have a degree to pass so I should spend some time on that now.

  • Selina Lake
  • Stella Nicolaisen
  • Shana Faust
  • Randi Brookman
  • Lucyina Moodie
  • Studio Too Good

I hope you find someone in the list that takes your interest.

Bye for now

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...